I have spent some time this week making some new bookmarks and keychains/bag charms in the image of some of the dolls that I make. Bookmarks are always quick and easy to make up and there are so many different designs you can do. It is good for using bits of left over wool at the end of bigger projects.
This Unicorn bookmark is one that I made a couple of years ago when I was making mouse bookmarks for some family members. It’s super cute and quick to make, although a couple of parts can be a little fiddly if you are a beginner.
BEFORE YOU START:
-When working in Magic Ring, work in continuous rounds without joining (unless specified differently in pattern). Place stitch markers to keep track of end of rows.
Gauge is not important, but try to crochet tightly enough to not have stuffing showing through.
- 2.5mm Hook
- 5mm Safety Eyes (optional- can also use black yarn)
- DK wool in pink and white or whichever colour you prefer to make it in (small amount of black yarn if not using safety eyes)
MR- Magic Ring
SC- Single Crochet
F/O- Fasten Off
SL ST- Slip Stitch
HDC- Half Double Crochet
- START WITH PINK 6SC in MR (6)
- INC in each ST (12)
- *INC, SC* REPEAT AROUND (18)
- *INC, 2SC* REPEAT AROUND (24)
- CHANGE TO WHITE SC AROUND (24)
6-11) SC AROUND (24)
12) *DEC, 2SC* REPEAT AROUND (24)
PLACE EYES BETWEEN ROWS 9 AND 10, WITH 4 STS SHOWING BETWEEN EYES
13) *DEC, 1SC* REPEAT AROUND (12)
14) SC AROUND (12)
15) STUFF HEAD AND FLATTEN THE OPENING. 6SC ACROSS THROUGH BOTH SIDES OF THE OPENING.
FROM NOW ON THERE IS NO MORE WORKING IN MR- WORKING BACK AND FORTH TURNING WORK AT END OF EACH ROW
16) CH2, HDC INC, 4HDC, HDC INC (8)
17) CH2, HDC INC, 6HDC, HDC INC (10)
18) NOW WE MAKE THE 1ST LEG- CH12, CHANGE TO PINK, CH1, 6SC INTO PINK CHAIN STITCH AND PULL TIGHT (LIKE A MR) CHANGE BACK TO WHITE, 12SC BACK DOWN THE LEG. 10SC ACROSS BODY, MAKE 2ND LEG USING SAME INSTRUCTIONS AS 1ST LEG
19-31) CH2 10HDC ACROSS BODY (10)
43) MAKE 3RD LEG (SAME AS ROW 18), 10 HDC ACROSS BODY. MAKE 4TH LEG (SAME AS ROW 18) SLST INTO BODY THEN F/O AND WEAVE IN ALL ENDS.
1 ) IN PINK 3SC in MR (3)
2 ) INC in each ST (6)
3-6) SC AROUND (6)
F/O with long tail and sew to top of head.
Ears (Make 2)
1 ) IN WHITE 5SC in MR (5)
2 ) SC AROUND (5)
F/O with long tail and sew on head either side of horn.
To make Tail, Cut 2 pieces of yarn in pink at your desired length and attach them to 2 different stitches between back legs. Then weave them together and make a knot at the end. Cut any uneven ends.
To make the hair, cut several pieces of yarn in pink and attach them behind and in front of the horn. Cut down to desired length.
I hope you enjoy making your own Unicorn bookmark. Thank you for supporting MyBelle Creations and I hope you follow me on Facebook and Instagram. Please share and tag me in your finished items, I would love to see them all.
This pattern and photos are the intellectual property of MyBelle Creations. You are not permitted to sell or share the pattern in anyway. You may sell your finished items but please credit MyBelle Creations for the design. ©