Its been a little while since I last posted anything, as I have been working on some new dolls. The first one I have finished is this Dungeons and Dragons, Critical Role inspired Mollymauk doll.
When I first started making this doll, I honestly thought it was going to be the hardest one of the Critical Role Campaign 2 dolls that I would do. But it actually wasn’t as bad as I thought. The clothes were all pretty basic and similar to other dolls like this I have made, except for sewing patterns onto the trousers and the coat. This was quite easy to do but took a little time, especially the coat, and there was loats of ends to sew in. Trying to get each side of the coat to look the same was pretty tricky too, it’s ended up not perfect but still looks okay.
I originally did the hair in a much darker purple but spent ages thinking it just didn’t look right, so one evening I spent undoing all of his hair and redoing it in the colour on the photo (that was a long evening).
As I was making this doll, I kept thinking it wasn’t going to turn out okay and it honestly didnt look right until right at the end. But it turned out okay and im actually quite pleased with it. He is super cute.
I don’t have a pattern written up properly for this doll as of yet (lots of scribbles in a notepad at the moment) but the finished doll is available to purchase here.